Nalco Champion, an Ecolab Company, has an immediate need for an Account Manager in our Energy Services group located in Edson, AB. If you are a passionate sales professional with a proven track record of success in technical sales we invite you to apply. This is your opportunity to join a large growing company offering a competitive base salary, bonus structure and benefits. You will be primarily responsible for revenue and profit growth of Nalco Champion programs and services in targeted accounts within the industries. You will be required to take a consultative sales approach with a primary emphasis on strong account leadership skills and retention of strategic Nalco Champion accounts. In addition, you must build long-term relationships with an existing customer base by understanding their key business drivers, executing system assurance programs, and selling new technologies.
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders in current and new customers, including plant or facility executives.
- Provide technical support to customers; identifying and resolving customer complaints, escalating as required.
- Engage in problem solving by performing system analysis, interpreting data and providing written recommendations to ensure customer operations are performing at optimal levels.
- Actively sell and support Nalco Champion innovations and technology in assigned customers to promote long-term business relationships with Nalco Champion.
- Demonstrate strong team leadership by coaching and training other District Reps, championing corporate initiatives, and by planning and leading portions of District Meetings.
- Demonstrate the ability to stabilize jeopardy business in large, strategic accounts.
- Possible travel within assigned sales territory .
Must have the following experience, knowledge, skills or abilities:
- Management of Desalter Chemical Treatment Programs.
- Treatment and management of Chemical Treatment Programs for Crude Units (tankage, slop, crude slate management, overhead treatment, caustic injection and how this affects downstream operations).
- Amine Treatment Programs for Sulfur Plants.
- Anti-foulants for Refinery wide process systems (Reformers, FCCs, Coker and Hydrocrackers)
- Coker Anti-Foam Programs.
- Fuel Additive Treatment Programs (H2S Scavengers, Dewaxing Aides and Pour Point Improvers)
- Monitor Heat Exchanger Modeling, Pathfinder Crude Unit Overhead Modeling and FPA Crude Fouling Modeling.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 5+ successful technical sales or field sales support experience.
- 25% overnight travel required to support sales territory.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and acceptable Motor Vehicle Record.
- No immigration sponsorship offered for this role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial), or Life Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, etc.).
- 5 – 10 years of successful technical sales or field sales support experience.
- Water treatment or specialty chemical industry experience.
- Working knowledge of boilers, cooling towers, and wastewater treatment systems.
- High computer application literacy (including Microsoft Office Suite, and ability to learn internal business systems).
- History of working in a field that required autonomy and self-motivation.
- Prior experience that required excellent communication skills.
- Prior experience that required excellent organizational skills.
- Sales or account leadership history of calling on multi-level plant or facilities management, and developing executive-level relationships.
- Prior experience that demonstrates a strong work ethic and ability to multi-task.