1. Balance and prepare bank deposits, record cash receipts to the appropriate revenue accounts.
2. Prepare and send invoices to Saskatchewan Polytechnic clients for sponsored student and direct vendor billings.
3. Perform the student Accounts Receivable function for the collection of student receivable as well as student refunds.
4. Process and record journal entries.
5. Set up student ID for applications from cash mail records.
6. Cash management of cash floats and petty cash fund.
7. Assist in monthly and year-end reconciliations.
8. Provide a wide variety of Customer Services for internal and external inquiries.
9. Assist in revenue contract processing by creating contracts and entering budget data in Saskatchewan Polytechnic Web contract database.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities (QSA)
1. Two year Accountancy diploma from a recognized post secondary institution or successful completion of equivalent courses eligible for credit towards a professional accounting designation or an equivalent combination of recent/relevant education, training and experience.
2. Basic knowledge of GAAP and other accounting knowledge, i.e. Aged Accounts Receivable, Cash Receipts, accrual accounting and internal controls.
3. Good organizational and time management skills.
4. Good interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
5. Advanced computer skills with word processing, spreadsheet and database application, e.g. Word, Excel, Access.
6. Good analytical (error detection) and problem-solving skills.
7. Demonstrated ability to accurately compile, calculate and summarize data to make adjusting entries, complete financial statements, year-end schedules and reconciliations.
8. Ability to provide clear and accurate explanations of policies, procedures, entitlements and other information.
9. Ability to work independently and co-operatively with others in a team environment.
10. Demonstrates valuing diversity.
Hi! How can we help you?
Click below button to start chat