Dedicated exclusively to children and their families, The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids) is one of the largest and most respected paediatric healthcare centres in the world. As innovators in child health, we lead and partner to improve the health of children through the integration of healthcare, leading-edge research and education. Our reputation would not have been built – nor could it be maintained – without the skills, knowledge and experience of the extraordinary people who come to work here every day. SickKids is committed to ongoing learning and development, and features a caring and supportive work environment that combines exceptionally high standards of practice.
When you join SickKids, you become part of our community. We share a commitment and determination to fulfill our vision of Healthier Children. A Better World.
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to work alongside the world’s best in paediatric healthcare.
As a member of the Application Support Team within Research IT, the Business Analyst supports projects and initiatives delivered by the department, as well as application operations. The Business Analyst works closely with colleagues in Research IT (Development, Systems, and Help Desk) to implement a variety of IT projects for the Research Institute, including application development of both a scientific and/or administrative nature. This role is expected to conduct thorough analysis throughout the software development lifecycle and proactively seek solutions for our client’s technical and product related issues.
To be successful, the Business Analyst will have an excellent grasp on technical aspects of application development, experience with the full software development life-cycle, complimented by strong problem solving, and customer service skills.
Here’s What You Need:
Support projects and initiatives
- Analyze business processes and gather requirements through interviews, workshops, observation, needs assessments, and other elicitation techniques
- Develop and enhance business process maps, identify opportunities for efficiency improvement
- Document technical and process specifications to support creation of user stories and development, such as screen mock ups/wireframes, conceptual and logical data flow diagrams, process flows
- Develop information requirements to support business processes and integration across disparate systems to allow the organization the ability to harness the data captured in these systems
- Lead and execute testing phases: document acceptance criteria, draft test plans (quality assurance, user acceptance testing), facilitate and support business participation in the execution of testing
- Support and execute training: develop training materials and implementation plans, support and facilitate training sessions, create and measure success metrics
Support application operations
- Proactively manage and develop strong relationships with end users and product owners
- Develop stakeholder engagement plans, reporting templates, and tools to support business operations
- Train and support staff on the use and integration of technology with business processes
- Support the Development Team with small operational projects, reports, and internal requests by gathering requirements and creating appropriate documentation to support small enhancements and change requests
- Provide application support to Research IT clients as required
Here’s What You Need:
- 3-5 years experience as an analyst or consultant in a technical environment is highly desirable
- Undergraduate degree in business, computer and information technology, computer science, engineering or equivalent experience.
- Business Analysis, ITIL, Agile Certification(s) highly desirable
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of business analysis methodologies and tools, including use cases, process flows, wireframes
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of agile methodologies and associated tools, including familiarity with product development and evolution, user story creation, backlog refinement, user focused solutions
- Understanding of the software development life-cycle
- Experience eliciting requirements and conducting analysis for a wide-range of technical solutions
- Experience facilitating a variety of engagement sessions and meetings with business and product owners, end users, and developers
- Ability to distil and communicate complex ideas to technical and non-technical audiences in a clear and concise manner
- Familiar and highly capable with Microsoft Office, collaboration software, requirements management tools, process mapping tools
- Familiarity with Healthcare and/or Research sector is an asset
- Familiarity with Business Intelligence Tools (such as Crystal Reports, QlikView) is an asset