Our client is a leading organisation developing optical sensors and systems that offer increased control for temperature and position.
Since their entry into the market in 1988 he company has growing into a world class location for innovation and custom manufacturing for a range of industries that rely on accurate measurement. Their products are used all over the world and they have a highly trained team that dedicated the themselves to working with OEM customers to tailor solutions and process to the end users.
Due to growth the company is eager to hire a Business Development Manager with Mandarin for their Delta location.
This role will support the SVP Sales and the Key Account Director by growing and maintaining sales by relevant product line.
The ideal candidate will do through
- Lead capture and development
- Opportunity development and follow up
- Internal program management activities
- Presales and post sales customer support
- Support opportunity development and closure activities
- Track lead, opportunity and account activity of all business development activities through CRM (Salesforce)
- Contact customers in an “opportunity development role” to forward a sales opportunity and close the opportunity in coordination with the Key Account Director.
- Support Key Account Director by prospecting for new sales opportunities and maintaining the sales pipeline
- Provide accurate updates and forecasts of leads progression/status
- Support the forecasting and re-ordering activities for the Sales Coordinators
- Construct proposals with Key Account Director to communicate our capabilities, product specifications, pricing, terms, etc.
- Travel to customer sites to support the Key Account Director in winning new business, supporting new business won, and sustaining existing business
- Participate in the commercial negotiation with customers to establish price, delivery, terms and conditions
- Assist Key Account Director in sustaining day to day activity for assigned accounts
- Sustaining pre-sales and post-sales customer support by assigned product line for assigned accounts:
- Serve as the first line of contact and point person with the customer
- Responsible for solving day-to-day customer application issues (pre-sales and post-sales) by interfacing with functional areas of company at multiple levels
- Serve as the technical focal point for resolving customer complaints
- Develop and implement procedures to improve processes that support the business
- Process OEM part numbers to improve our ability to control, forecast and manufacture products for key customers
- Train and provide technical support to Sales Coordinators on products being sold to existing accounts
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- BS in an engineering discipline or related discipline
- 3 to 6 years combined of OEM account management, business development, product management and project management experience
- Experience with semiconductor capital equipment preferred
- Ability to speak and read Mandarin preferred
- Experience using Salesforce an asset
- Strong business acumen and business development skills
- Solves complex problems and able to exercise judgement based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Ability to uncover customers’ needs, determine specifications to ensure customer requirements are met or exceeded consistently
- Must be technical savvy and highly proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Strong presentation skills, phone presence and high energy.
- Excellent business writing, communication and presentation skills.
- Travel approximately 10-20%.