This position will report to the Director of Liability Claims and act as the interface between the Company and its Third Party Administrator (TPA) with respect to all matters related to Canadian Auto Liability and General Liability claims. The position also requires interaction with internal groups including Material Damage Managers, supply chain, and Operations. The position requires familiarity with all levels of claims, from complex claims, with includes fatalities, amputations, traumatic brain injury and other significant injuries, to Accident Benefits (ABG), and direct compensation claims. The candidate must be familiar with Provincial coverages, their limits, statutes and regulatory compliance and be able to provide coverage assessments or seek answers from Risk Management or legal counsel, as appropriate. The position will be responsible for Canadian liability claim handling adherence to policy and procedures, as well as results.
- Monitor TPA’s claim handling and take appropriate action if not in line with contracted Client Service Instructions or regulatory guidelines.
- Identify changes in PLPD results through review of analytics and and investigate reasons for changes
- Attend mediations, settlement conferences and trials as appropriate
- Provide results and resolutions to ABG SLT on all Canadian Liability claims
- Provide guidance and training to TPA staff on all Canada Liability matters
- 10 Years Canadian Bodily Injury Claim Handling Experience.
- Minimum 5 years Leadership experience in a claim environment.
- Possess a Full Adjuster’s License in Ontario and Alberta.
- Ability to secure other Provincial licenses, if needed.
- Ability to work remotely with other members of corporation.
- Ability to identify training needs, as well as to develop and deliver training.
- Duly licensed to adjust claims in at least one Province.
- Demonstrated success in identifying fraud, and ability to coordinate with SIU department.
- Strong working knowledge of contractual and insurance coverage issues.
- Familiarity with commercial automobile and general negligence claims (slip/fall) preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with various departments and individuals, both internally and externally.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent analytical ability, attention to detail, and ability to work independently and in teams.
- Working knowledge of products liability claims, negligent entrustment/supervision preferred.
- Experience in the automobile rental industry a plus. Excellent judgment and delivery-oriented attitude.
- Self-motivated and have a strong sense of urgency. CIP or FCIP Designation from the Insurance Institute of Canada is a plus. Experience in auditing claim files and providing a rollup of results with feedback. Advanced knowledge and experience with claims systems software, document imaging software, and data base management software. Knowledge of insurance process and terms. Strong project management skills. Some Travel is required.