The National Capital Commission (NCC) is the federal Crown Corporation dedicated to ensuring that Canada’s Capital is a dynamic and inspiring source of pride for all Canadians and a legacy for generations to come. Building on more than a century of experience, the NCC provides unique value in the Capital Region by fulfilling three specific roles: long-term planner of federal lands, principal steward of nationally significant public places, and creative partner committed to excellence in development and conservation.
Detailed Job Description
Reporting to the Chief, Corporate Financial Management, the Corporate Financial Analyst provides support to the Chief Financial Management for Corporate financial deliverables, such as the Corporate Plan, the Annual Report, quarterly reports, Annual Reference Levels Adjustments, Supplementary Estimates, management and maintenance of budgets and encumbrances for the Corporation. The Corporate Financial Analyst interacts with all DAX Financials’ users throughout the Commission for financial matters.
- Update the Corporate Plan based on approved budgets;
- Assists in the preparation of Presentations to Committees;
- Prepares Financial Analysis including variance analysis in support of the Annual Report;
- Prepare Financial Analysis including variance analysis in support of the Quarterly Reports;
- Assists in the preparation of documents for the Annual Reference Levels Update;
- Prepares and updates Budget revisions;
- Perform financial analysis and assist colleagues for validation of accruals, Access to information requests, and other as required;
- Assist DAX users throughout the Commission with their reporting needs. This includes interpretation of existing reports, assist in the development of customized reports and ad hoc reporting;
- Perform testing for the financial system DAX, including new builds and patches;
- Assist colleagues for filing documents in the Corporate filing system;
- Provide ad hoc assistance in preparing various cost analyses and financial reports for a variety of situations, such as the Multi Year Capital Plan, rental expenditure management and salary management.
- University degree with specialization in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or Commerce;
- Bilingual imperative: English BBB / French BBB;
At least two years of recent experience* in the following areas:
- Financial analysis, financial reports, financial advice and guidance, Budgetary analysis; and
- Use of software tools, specifically electronic spreadsheets and financial systems.
- Hold or working towards getting a professional accounting designation (CPA);
- Knowledge of the Financial Administration Act (FAA) and its application to the operations of the National Capital Commission (NCC); and
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX financial software.
- Knowledge of the management of financial information and of general accounting;
- Knowledge of the preparation of financial reports including financial statements;
- Knowledge of Canadian accounting standard for the Public Sector;
- Knowledge of internal controls relating to financial and accounting operations.
- To communicate effectively both orally and in writing in both official languages;
- To lead and work in a multidisciplinary team;
- To manage and prioritize various tasks;
- To collaborate in a work environment characterized by a certain fluidity and overlap of roles and responsibilities between the different administrative units.
- To ensure quality assurance in compliance with quality work standards.
- Values and ethics: Serving through integrity and respect;
- Strategic thinking: Innovating through analysis and ideas;
- Engagement: Mobilizing people, organization, partners; and
- Excellence through results: Delivering through action management, people management and financial management skills;
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Possess a secret security clearance.