The Director Risk Operations will report directly into the Vice President, Risk Operations. The successful candidate will assume responsibility for and focus on the overall management of credit and collateral policies and all external relationships related to these functions within the Risk Management team.
- Monitor new insurance exposure against internal risk appetite tolerances and limits. Proactively assess through data analytics and provide recommendations for mitigation to the senior leadership team.
- Supervise and provide guidance to the Credit Policy Leader role who will develop and implement new credit and collateral policy guidelines and maintain and update existing policies.
- Serve as subject matter expert for all credit policy issues including file decisioning on applications outside of established guidelines and limits.
- Manage Regional Risk Managers across the country, monitor economic and housing related trends and assess impact to the insurance portfolio.
- Manage all mortgage insurance application approval authorities in the business.
- Manage all external, third party relationships with respect to AVM’s, appraisers, credit reporting agencies and other data providers and ensure that new tools and processes are explored to maximize underwriting efficiency and minimize risk exposure.
- Oversee the optimization of risk technology, auto-decisioning, updates to business rules and other tools utilized to mitigate risk to ensure timely and smooth implementation.
- Liaise with Operations and Sales with respect to all changes to risk rules and guidelines and ensure smooth and transparent communication of such changes including messaging for the sales and underwriting teams.
- Provide risk management expertise in the assessment of portfolio insurance transactions.
- Participate in the Insurance Risk Committee to ensure timely resolution of underwriting policy issues and timely communication with all stakeholders.
- Minimum 10 years of lending, risk and financial experience with special focus on analytics and credit policy in a mortgage lending environment
- Previous experience in leading a dynamic team, in a fast past business environment
- Demonstrated experience with underwriting and credit policy
- Strong process management, vendor relationship and interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Organized and customer centric
- Bachelors Degree in Commerce, Business Administration or Economics