BWXT Canada Ltd. is a world leader in design, engineering, manufacture, construction and service of nuclear power generation equipment. As a supplier of innovative, high-quality nuclear components and services we cater to a worldwide customer base. We take great pride in supplying highly engineered solutions that allow our customers to compete within the complex nuclear power generation industry.
Monitor all financial aspects of contracts which include project setup, budget changes and revenue recognition. Prepare and issue sales invoice to customer and follow up on accounts receivables. Accounting for F/X forward contracts as it relates to the project. Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly forecasts, financial reports and variance analysis reports. This position reports to the Manager, Project Accounting.
1. Projects and Sales Orders
- Responsible for Fixed Price and Time & Material contracts (primarily long term, complex projects).
- Determine contract Revenue Recognition per ASC606.
- Accounting for F/X forward contracts as it relates to the project.
- Set up and maintain projects in SAP &Timberline.
- Upload Project Structures and Budgets to SAP.
- Prepare paperwork for contract changes (sell price and budget changes).
- Monitor budget, costs and cash flow; Budget vs. actuals.
- Complete month end accruals for revenue recognition or other project accruals that are required.
- Review month end revenue recognition results for projects and sales orders.
- Prepare monthly project variance reports as required.
2. Customer Invoicing
- Work with Project Manager to issue Contract milestone billings.
- Review cost reports and prepare sales invoices for customer including Time and Material Billings.
- Obtain documents to support cost-plus billings as well as reconcile WIP.
- Monitor customer invoicing vs. purchase order values and follow up on accounts receivables.
- Monthly forecast for backlog projects, including bookings, revenue, actual cost, gross profit, billings, receipts and well as treasury cash forecast.
- Work with Project Managers and Project Controls to forecast backlog projects.
- Enter quarterly forecast in BPC and ensure the forecast is balanced in BPC. The forecast is completed for all assigned backlog projects, sales orders as well as New Business Projects.
4. Meeting Preparation
- Prepare documents for internal cost review meeting as follows; contract profit statement (hours and dollars), risk and opportunity list, CCN reports, billing schedule, cash flow, aged accounts receivable.
- Work with Project Manager to complete Risk and Opportunity list as well as Critical Issues.
- Provide documents for internal monthly reviews, i.e. project review meetings.
5. Additional Activities/Special Requests
- Provide information to internal and external auditors.
- Ensure audit and SOX and COSO requirements are being followed.
- Provide input and update quarterly/yearly corporate templates.
- Degree or diploma in an accounting-related discipline complemented by a minimum of 5 years hands-on accounting experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment. Accounting designation or an enrolment in an accounting designation program would be an asset.
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft Office, mainly Excel. Knowledge in SAP would be an asset.
- Experience of spreadsheet applications, data manipulation techniques, vlookup formulas, macros.
- Detail-oriented with excellent analytical skills.
- Proven problem solving abilities.
- Good relationship-building skills with a commitment to supporting a team.
BWXT Canada Ltd. embraces diversity of thought, values individuality, encourages new perspectives and provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability, or any other category protected by provincial law.