With a background in business planning, forecasting and reporting, our Financial Analyst is an integral part of our Business Planning & Performance team. In this role you will assist with the annual plan, forecasts and long-term planning initiatives including P&L statements, revenue models, capital and project planning, sales and margin analysis and various revenue models. You will also assist in the preparation of monthly financial reports for Senior Management including management commentary, financial reporting, and Board of Director results.
Are you the type of person that is?
- Passionate about your finance background and working with numbers?
- A strong communicator both verbally and in writing?
- A self-starter who thrives in a hardworking team environment?
- Focused internally to accomplish goals and meet deliverables?
WE WANT YOU TO JOIN OUR TEAM!
What is the role?
- Maintains the Annual Distribution Plan of Assets under Administration (AUA) by product line and P&L related items: FYC, Trailers, and Commission Expense
- Maintains the Annual Portfolio Services Plan of Assets under Management (AUM) and P&L related items: Management Fees, Expenses charged to the Funds, Redemption Fees, DSC Amortization, Trailers
- Prepares monthly reporting, forecasting and analysis of the above including providing commentary for business owners
- Prepares monthly reporting of variances to Plan and Previous Year for both Distribution and Counsel
- Prepares monthly reporting of spending versus plan and proper forecasting of changes to Plan
- Prepares financial reviews for each business unit: Distribution, Portfolio Services, Advisor & Information Services, Finance, Human Resources, and Corporate
- Prepares quarterly variance reports and follows up with business owners to explain variances
- Improves and/or develops models that support the planning process and are easy to use
- Uploads and interfaces budget data into SAP/SAP BI/SAP Business Planning and Consolidations
- Works on validation of non-financial data loaded in SAP BW data structures, builds BEx queries and BOBj reports to support sales performance reporting and business analytics for various audiences
Prepares monthly Financial Reports:
- Management Commentary
- Reporting Package
- Board Reporting
- Dashboard Reporting
- Monthly Financial Review Materials
- Variance Analyses
- Supports strategic projects outside the day to day responsibilities as required:
Identify key revenue and cost drivers of various strategic options, perform sensitivity analysis of various key assumptions, and determine impact of strategic initiatives on company’s performance for the purpose of providing business owners with a basis for decision making
- Track performance of strategic initiatives against business case at the implementation phase
- Develop business models for various business products
What traits and competencies are we looking for?
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent skill of abstraction; ability to decompose a problem and understand the end user when designing reports incorporating actionable items
- Ability to use sound judgment when preparing reports and analysis
- Genuine interest and passion for working with numbers
- Exceptional capability of meeting deadlines and prioritizing workloads
- Strong attention to detail
What are the preferred qualifications?
- Post-secondary designation with Finance, MBA preferred
- 5+ years working experience contributing in a Business Planning/Reporting role
- Business acumen maintaining financial models for budgeting, forecasting and analysis
- Microsoft Excel Advanced, SAP BI, SAP Business Planning and Consolidations Routine, Microsoft Access Intermediate, Microsoft PowerPoint Intermediate, Microsoft Outlook Intermediate, Adobe Reader Advanced