Financial Analyst needed in Oakville for our client in the Aerospace Industry
You will be reporting to the Program Finance Manager. You will be primarily responsible for providing financial support for, but not limited to, your assigned programs. This would include but not limited to collection, analysis, and consolidation of financial and cost data from numerous sources. This position will also be required to present various business cases to management to aid in making sound business decisions.
Perform budgeting/forecasting tasks by program
- Provide results analysis by program; perform gap analyses to Plan and Forecast
- Prepare and present monthly program reviews with program management.
- Perform and contribute to monthly, quarterly and annual tasks and reporting
- Perform account reconciliations
- Ensure proper revenue recognition and prepare EAC (estimate at completion) model under the new standard that took effect this year.
- Establish and monitor standard costs for assigned programs, ensuring the integrity of costing and identifying any unusual trends or exceptions
- Perform make/buy analyses
- Provide estimating/negotiating support for new business proposals and analysis during and after new program start up
- Develop business case presentations using NPV, IRR, and MIRR tools in support of strategic product development
- Perform ad hoc analyses for projects as assigned
- Participate and identify Continuous Improvement projects and cost reduction initiatives
- Assist in audit requests as required.
- University degree, preferably in Finance and/or Accounting and at least 5 years’ experience as a financial analyst or related experience required, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- At least 2-3 years costing experience and business case analysis
- Accounting designation or in final year of CPA program desired
- Excellent PC skills; demonstrated strength using Microsoft Excel including pivot tables, V-Look-ups, etc. is required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience within an ERP environment; experience with SAP is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team environment
Job Type: Contract
Microsoft Excel: 5 years
Financial Analysis: 5 years
Costing: 2 years