a. External Reporting
• Prepare the analysis and the monthly and quarterly reporting of the Partnership’s results to BBU including the translation of the Partnership’s results and financial position from US GAAP to IFRS and reconciliations of the purchase price allocation.
• Monitor changes to US GAAP, IFRS and SEC regulations for the Partnership.
• Ability to research and interpret technical accounting issues, including business combinations, and to implement and report as part of day to day reporting.
• Meets reporting requirements and deadlines.
• Assist in the maintenance, documentation, and execution of internal control policies.
• Prepare or review various schedules, account reconciliations and journal entries, including but not limited to, derivatives and hedge accounting, foreign exchange, intercompany transactions, and tax.
• Assist with SEC-regulated quarterly and annual reports, as required.
• Assist with the external audit process for the Partnership including the preparation of quarter-end and annual working papers or schedules.
• Provide support to BBU and the Partnership’s subsidiaries and departments including internal audit, tax, legal and finance.
b. Internal Reporting
• Assist with the preparation of financial reports including variance analysis and financial statements for the Partnership and its subsidiaries.
• Assist with the preparation of board and audit committee materials.
• Work cohesively with the team and assist team members as needed.
• Designs, develops and monitors processes to enhance accuracy and timeliness of financial reporting.
• Assist with public financing documents for the Partnership.
• Perform other duties as required.
Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
• University Business degree or MBA.
• Professional accounting designation (CPA).
• Minimum of four years’ experience in the accounting field.
• US GAAP and IFRS reporting experience and previous experience researching and applying standards.
• Exposure to business processes, accounting software, internal controls, and external reporting.
• Experience with consolidations.
• Ability to meet tight deadlines with the production of high quality, accurate work.
• Ability to communicate technical issues in a clear and concise manner, both verbally and written.
• Ability to work independently and as an integral part of an international team, with minimal supervision.
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving, organizational and time management skills, and attention to detail.
• Service by going beyond what is expected and ability to hold oneself accountable for work prepared.
• Periodic overtime to meet deadlines or accommodate time zone differences.
• Exposure to US GAAP, IFRS and SEC Reporting.
• Shipping and offshore industry experience (Preferred)
Hi! How can we help you?
Click below button to start chat