The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just like you.
Why is this role important?
The Human Resources Coordinator will report to the Senior Manager, Human Resources and be responsible for providing administrative and coordination support to the George Weston Limited (GWL) Human Resources department.
The ideal candidate would be an agile learner with a hunger for continuous development and a collaborative mindset. They will have sound time management and prioritization skills with the ability to clearly communicate.
What You’ll Do:
- Front line representative for employee inquiries as it applies to HR programs, policies and procedures.
- Provide guidance, direction and support in employee inquiries related to HRIS (Workday), recruitment, orientation, payroll and benefits administration.
- Support the roll out of various HR programs/initiatives (i.e. learning, engagement survey, performance management, culture etc.)
- Data entry into HRIS system in relation to job changes, compensation changes, Leaves of Absence, etc.
- Prepare various colleague letters including offer letters, job change letters, and letters of employment.
- Responsible for the effective application of HRIS system (Workday) ensuring accurate data management and promoting ongoing best practices in leveraging the tool. Working closing with HRIS support team as required.
- Responsible for onboarding of new employees, and compliance with regulations, procedures and programs (i.e. systems access, benefits, payroll, AODA, H&S, etc.)
- Assist in the resolution of sensitive employee issues, research answers and make inquires of HR related issues.
- Resolve necessary payroll inquiries as required.
- Liaison between payroll, benefits, IT and other support teams.
- Assist with research, analysis and implementation of programs, reports and projects as required.
- Support office administration as required- processing HR invoices, Iron Mountain document storage, knowledge of ongoing HR services projects.
- Coordinate and arrange quarterly GWL town halls- booking venue, catering, technology.
What You’ll Need:
- Post-secondary education preferably in Human Resources and obtained (or working towards) HR Management Certification.
- 3 – 5 years progressive HR experience, coordinating departmental programs and initiatives is a definite asset.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Exceptional commitment to customer service and able to nurture positive customer relationships.
- Strong integrity with ability to maintain confidentiality and manage highly sensitive information.
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook, Visio).
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication (written and verbal) and problem-solving skills.
- Highly organized and has a high degree of attention to detail.Strong analytical skills and superior ability to problem-solve.
- Highly motivated, self-starter, requiring little direction.