At LifeLabs, we are focused on our vision of building a healthier Canada! We are the largest community diagnostics laboratory in Canada with over 350 collection centres, 21 laboratories and service over 19 million patients each year.
Caring, Agile, Customer Driven, One Team – We live our values every day in what we do to help our patients and healthcare providers. With over 5,000 employees, we all make a difference and that’s why our people are so important to us.
This is an exciting time to join our LifeLabs team, grow your career with us and support numerous business initiatives, innovations, best practice and business development opportunities.
The IT Business Relationship Manager will establish and maintain relationships with business partners/stakeholders. As the Business Relationship Manager you will establish and adhere to standardized methods for project intake, and contribute to the work prioritization process. The Business Relationship Manager will have substantial influence with business stakeholders and must act as a knowledgeable resource to IT’s current and planned infrastructure, systems functionality and roadmap.
This is a full time permanent role based at 100 International Boulevard, Toronto.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with assigned business units and team members to understand and identify tactical / strategic technology solutions to fit business needs.
• Work with internal stakeholders to align technology solutions with business strategies
• Maintain the operational relationship and understand and anticipates direction of the business area
• Identifies opportunities and engages IT technical resources to formulate recommendations to support the assigned business area(s) desired future state.
• Collect and review requests to ensure feasibility and support the development of business case analysis
• Contribute to the development of the opportunity management process to evaluate and track project and work requests
• Promote business knowledge of IT processes, roles, and procedures to ensure the best possible outcome.
• Monitor operational effectiveness of assigned functional areas by tracking KPIs, investigating root cause of negative trends, and formulating remediation plans
• Act as a Business Analyst during the assessment phase and at times throughout the duration of the project. Participate in field research in pursuit of new solutions and to evaluate the applicability and usefulness of existing solutions
• Facilitates Service Level Agreement (SLA) negotiations for internal IT Service delivery and monitoring of escalations
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Business or a related field
• 5+ years of experience as IT Business Analyst, IT Project Manager or related experience.
• Healthcare/Laboratory background and/or experience with corporate/ERP systems
• BRM®, PMP® or Change Management certifications would be an asset
• Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to effectively work with technical and non-technical teams.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment with proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to manage multiple concurrent work packages in parallel.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Extensive experience with business analysis
• Strong combination of technology skills and business acumen
• Proven and demonstrable experience managing business relationships
• Ability to understand complex IT environments, projects and solutions.
LifeLabs is a Canadian-owned company that has been serving the healthcare needs of Canadians for more than 50 years. Today, LifeLabs performs more than 100 million laboratory tests every year, helping healthcare providers diagnose, treat, monitor and prevent disease in patients. LifeLabs is strongly committed to continual innovation in testing services. For our patients and healthcare providers, this means we always strive to provide access to the latest specialized clinical tests—to detect cancer for example, to monitor heart disease, identify neurological disorders and pinpoint allergies.
Hi! How can we help you?
Click below button to start chat