We offer the opportunity to work with Canada’s largest Information Technology Outsourcing and Management Consulting Company with a true global presence in a fast-paced and energetic atmosphere where your personal and professional growth is accelerated by your desire and sense of commitment. CGI’s continuous growth is a testament to the confidence clients place in them and to the dedication of their professionals. At CGI, all employees are called members because they feel a powerful sense of ownership and accountability. Members at CGI are building their own company – in 100+ offices worldwide. CGI has the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for clients – and for members; that’s why an astounding 90 percent of them are CGI shareholders.
We're expanding our Financial Services Team in Atlantic Canada and we need your skills, enthusiasm, and dedication as part of our team.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Data Information Management, the successful candidate will:
• Work on data acquisition, ingestion onto the Hadoop platform, and using Hive to transform data and extract.
• Work with business stakeholders and other SMEs to understand high-level business
• Work with the Solution Designers and contribute to the development of project plans by participating in the scoping and estimating of proposed projects
• Apply technical background/understanding, business knowledge, system knowledge in the elicitation of Systems Requirements for projects
• Support testing teams in translating requirements and use cases into test conditions and expected results for product, performance, user acceptance, and operational acceptance testing; participate in the testing of developed systems/solutions
• Adhere to existing processes/standards including the project development lifecycle (PDLC), business technology architecture, risk and production capacity guidelines and escalate issues as required
• Prioritize and manage own workload in order to deliver quality results and meet timelines
• Support a positive work environment that promote service to business, quality, innovation and teamwork and ensure timely communication of issues/ points of interest
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
• University degree.
• 2+ years of experience.
• 2+ years of experience with Big Data tools and technologies including working in a Production environment of a Hadoop Project.
• Hands on experience with Hive, Oozie and Sqoop.
• Programming experience in Bash and Python scripting.
• At least 1+ years hands on Java development experience.
• Understanding of Big Data Development using Hadoop Ecosystem including Pig, Hive and other Cloudera tools.
• Analytical and problem solving skills.
• Experience with large-scale distributed applications.
• Proven understanding with Hadoop, HDFS, HBase, Hive, Pig, Sqoop, Hue, Git and/or MapReduce.
• Hands-on experience with related/complementary open source software platforms and languages (e.g. Java, Linux, Apache, Perl/Python/PHP, Chef, Puppet).
• Experience with Agile methodologies to iterate quickly on product changes, developing user stories and working through backlog.
• Prefer experience with Cloudera Hadoop distribution components and custom packages.
• Traditional Data Warehouse/ETL experience.
• Coordinate with Team for project deliverables – lead and document project status meetings.
• Excellent planning, organization, communication and thought leadership skills.
• Highly organized with good time management skills and Customer service orientation.
• Experience in banking or insurance domain highly preferred.
• Ability to learn and apply new concepts quickly.
• Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to adapt to constant changes. Sense of innovation, creativity, organization, autonomy and quick adaptation to various technologies.
• Capable and eager to work under minimal direction in fast-paced energetic environment, managing multiple projects and priorities at once.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Critical eye for detail.
• Positive attitude.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to see the big picture (thinking out of the box).
• Able to multitask effectively.
• Have excellent time management, task planning and prioritization skills.
• Able to adapt quickly to changing client requirements.
• Able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
• Enjoy working in a self-teaching, learning organization.
• Ability to build strong relationships with clients and team members.
Hi! How can we help you?
Click below button to start chat