Our Finance headquarters are located in Winnipeg, Canada where the accounting function is performed centrally for our facilities in North America, Europe, Asia, Africa and Australia. Generating over $3.0 billion in sales, the successful candidate will be exposed to accounting and operations on a global scale and build the unique knowledge and expertise of one of the world’s largest independent maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) providers.
Managing a team of approximately 10 Accounts Payable / Accounts Receivable Administrators, the Manager, Accounts Payable reports directly to the Director, Treasury and is responsible for;
• Managing the Centralized Accounts Payable function including vendor relations & cash applications;
• Leading the AP team including hiring, coaching, mentoring & performance management;
• Overseeing the payment disbursement process for multiple entities & 2 ERP systems;
• Performing AP aging analysis to provide Treasury with cash requirements;
• Supervising the Corporate Credit card program & Concur Expense reporting tool;
• Completing US 1099 forms and other tax-related filings;
• Ensuring payments adhere to Company guidelines and policies;
• Championing Continuous Improvement initiatives across the AP function to strengthen controls and improve efficiency & productivity;
• Performing month-end activities as it relates to GL account & Cash reconciliation.
• University degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field;
• 5 years of relevant work experience, minimum 2 years of supervisory experience;
• Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles;
• Strong interpersonal & communication skills for interacting within a diverse group of people at all levels;
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
• Good planning and organizational skills to prioritize and balance workload;
• Ability to handle changing circumstances and reprioritize when necessary;
• Demonstrated ability to identify & implement process improvements;
• Attention to detail, accuracy and follow through.