1. Work with the Senior Director of Financial Planning and liaise with the Leadership Team to prepare timely and detailed budgets, forecasts, monthly reporting and various ad-hoc analyses for Walmart Canada Financial Services. Proactively provide insights regarding the financial performance of the business units as well.
2. Delegate tasks to several cross functional business managers to deliver key assumptions and business plans relevant to the financial planning process. Setting deliverable dates and managing the delivery of the financial plan is also required.
3. Support the Sr Director of Financial Planning in strategic planning through the development of business cases, project prioritization & analysis, business re-engineering opportunities, initiative tracking, and various investment analyses.
4. Ensure compliance with established accounting policies, procedures and practices. Incorporate these policies into the financials reporting documents of Walmart Canada Financial Services.
5. The candidate will have accountability for the accuracy of the budget, based on the inputs provided. Business performance tracking includes the construction of scorecards, benchmarking, and identification of opportunities & risks.
6. Create ad-hoc analysis and variance reporting for the Sr Director of Financial Planning to support monthly/quarterly and annual reporting requirements for internal stakeholders. Lead discussions with the various management stakeholders on key issues.
7. Reporting responsibility on a weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual basis for various internal and external recipients (Auditors, International Finance Group).
8. Develop various financial models for the financial services business units such as money transfers, insurance, ATM network and pre-paid credit cards through interaction with the department managers and directors.
Canada Walmart DivisionWalmart Canada Bank and Financial Services
The candidate should be self-motivated, have solid business acumen, have excellent communication skills and have comfort working with Senior Management on a daily basis. They should also be able to effectively prioritize and delegate work and be able to effectively influence at all levels.
Expert level Excel knowledge, advanced in-depth statistical modelling and vetting, and a strong understand of technical accounting.
Advanced business degree (MBA) and/or accounting designation (CPA) is preferred.
Minimum Bachelor’s degree required.
Minimum 6+ years of experience required
What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Walmart Canada was established in 1994 through the acquisition of the Woolco chain and has grown to more than 400 stores nationwide serving more than 1.2 million customers every day. Walmart Canada's flagship online store, walmart.ca is visited by 600,000 customers daily. With more than 95,000 associates, Walmart Canada is one of Canada’s largest employers and is ranked as one of the country’s top 10 most influential brands.