• Read and understand blueprints
• Perform dynamic balance of rotating equipment
• Perform a re-blade of a turbine rotor disk, including peening of blade tenons to Elliott specifications
• Detailed inspections of critical clearances on turbines and compressors, such as bearings and seals
• Disassemble, clean/blast, inspect, repair, and assemble rotating equipment, such as turbines, compressors, pumps, gear boxes, etc.
• Safely operate equipment such as overhead cranes, hydraulic torque wrenches, fork truck, cut-off saws, portable machining equipment, heating/cutting torches, balance machines, sand blast booth, steam cleaner
• Safely operate power hand tools such as drills, grinders, hydraulic presses, punch presses, sawsall
• Read and understand Elliott procedures, specifications, bulletins, etc.
• Process documentation associated with Turbomachinery overhauls. Including, but not limited to, work scopes, inspection forms, hold tags, photo logs, turnover logs
• Observe all safety regulations. Participation in the safety committee may be required
• Maintain a clean and organized work area
High school diploma or equivalent.
Journeyman Millwright and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in Turbomachinery repairs.
Must have a strong mechanical background.
Hi! How can we help you?
Click below button to start chat