We are looking for a Mobility Radio Architect to join the Xplornet Mobility team in Winnipeg, MB. This role is responsible for the mobility radio network design and the qualification of new mobility radio network architecture as required. The incumbent will develop coverage plans and network performance improvements. The Mobility Radio Architect will lead architecture design and validations, as well as test new mobility radio network equipment.
Key responsibilities include:
• Developing standards for an implementation of a 5G LTE Mobile radio network and associated RF coverage planning. Developing architectural standards, and configurations that optimize traffic flow across all core elements, and related network management and operational support systems
• Working with the Engineering teams on testing designs and standards
• Translating industry trends, new products, and emerging technologies into a network roadmap
• Driving the adoption of next generation technologies through lifecycle programs. Coordinating with the Mobility team on LTE core architecture changes required to improve delivery of services and new/emerging business requirements
• Guiding and mentoring the network core engineers in the design and implementation of complex 5G LTE solutions Telco’s. Partnering with the Engineering team in the design and implementation of backhaul network requirements
• Providing a 4th level escalation for troubleshooting and problem solving for network and application issues
• Configuring and assisting with the implementation of network hardware associated to site builds, including routers, switches, VoIP equipment, security appliances, etc.
• Consulting and negotiating with circuit providers, equipment vendors, application owners, project managers, vendors, consultants, and contractors to design and implement a mobility network with application solutions
• Performing and presenting recommendations on network asset management, including maintenance of network performance, Network Tools and related documentation and technical specifications information.
• Planning and developing a business continuity and disaster recovery strategy for critical application recovery
• Preparing and presenting recommendations on department related technical directions, workflow improvements, metric development, project risks and financial
The ideal candidate will possess:
• Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline
• Minimum 10 years’ related experience with a large scale Mobile or Telecommunications organization
• 10+ years’ IP network and systems design experience, specifically dealing with mobility radio networks
• Experience in technical project management
• Experience with business continuity and disaster recovery strategies for testing and verification of technical network solutions established to recover operations
• Industry-related training and experience with Ericcson and Huawei radio technologies
• Advanced knowledge (broad expertise or unique knowledge) of policies, practices and systems
• Ability the develop advanced concepts, techniques and standards for RF design, planning and implementation
• Ability to document a network and publish written standards for use by network peers
• An in-depth knowledge and experience with RF planning and associated tools
• Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Visio, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Ability to show initiative and act independently to resolve problems. Strong decision-making skills
• Ability to work under pressure and prioritize and organize effectively
• Excellent customer service focus
• Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
• Keen attention to detail
• Ability to apply advanced concepts, techniques and standards
As a condition of employment and in order to comply with industry related data security standards, this position is subject to the successful completion of a Criminal Background Check. Details will be supplied to applicants as they move through the selection process.
Xplornet is committed to creating an accessible environment and will accommodate disabilities during the selection process. Please let your recruiter know during the selection process of any accommodation needs.
Hi! How can we help you?
Click below button to start chat