• Minimum Grade 10 education with basic math skills or equivalent
• Completion of Personal Support Worker certificate program
• Demonstrated ability to read and write English at a Grade 10 level or equivalent.
• Proven effective interpersonal and communication skills promoting good customer service
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines – adapting to changing demands with flexibility and efficiency
• Proven self-directed work habits, functioning effectively in a demanding, fast-paced environment
• Good organizational skills with an ability to work accurately with detail
• Evidence of positive team-based skills
• Exposure to Lean principles, an understanding of methodologies and tools and a commitment to the use of these in support of providing the best healthcare experience possible to our patients
• Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to Rouge Valley's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff safety, patient safety, environmental safety and participates in regular in-service education in this area.
• Demonstrates a commitment to customer service when dealing with patients, colleagues, volunteers and other members of the community and public.
• Demonstrated pattern of good attendance
• Constant standing and walking
• Reaching, bending, stooping, lifting (greater than 30 kg.)
• Pushing and pulling equipment and transfers
• Exposure to hazardous chemicals, waste and body fluids