Reporting into a Senior Quality Assurance (QA) Portfolio Manager, the QA Portfolio Specialist – Brokerage for the Quality Assurance Testing (QAT) team, you will be managing the day to day interaction and deliverables, and ensure the QA Services are delivered effectively and efficiently.
The QA Portfolio Specialist – Brokerage will provide governance & oversight to a managed service partner for Wealth Management products & services.
When required, some travel to other Scotiabank sites in Toronto/Scarborough. Occasionally, the QA Portfolio Specialist – Brokerage will need to be on production issue calls in the evenings or weekends.
• Accountable for the effective operation of the QAT activities for the Brokerage portfolio. This program includes applying expert judgment and expertise to the review and evaluation of all aspects regarding QA, including planning, risk assessments, applying governance ensuring all applicable artifacts are complete and compliant.
• Ensure consistent and continuous improving services for Scotiabank through the creation, monitoring and enforcement of service level agreements and contractual obligations.
• Reinforce the standards for QA methodology and best practices with our Service Partners by driving and governing the QA deliverables provided by our service provider to ensure adherence to QA Centre of Excellence (CoE) processes and guidelines; create an environment which pursues effective and efficient operations while ensuring the accuracy, adherence to and effectiveness of day to day business controls to meet contractual obligations while reducing risk.
• Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge. Ensure the quality delivery of services and take action to correct any delivery issues as necessary, including appropriate escalation to ensure customer satisfaction.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Must have prior working experience within the Wealth Management industry.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication capabilities, demonstrated from both technical and business perspectives.
• Must possess excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills, as well as a detailed oriented approach to project testing.
• Must have a well-developed leadership ability, as well as coaching and training experience.
• Working knowledge of QA methodology, procedures and standards would be an asset.
• Strong knowledge and demonstrable experience of common IT organizational technology and processes (i.e., QA automation, service visualization tool(s), Agile) would be an asset.
• Familiarity with Scotiabank’s various business lines in Wealth, including iTrade, Scotia McLeod PIC and Scotia Trust is an asset.
• Subject matter expertise or a thorough knowledge on Wealth ScotiaOnline, SCORE and iTrade Mobile is an asset.
• Past experience working with iTrade and familiarity with its end-to-end processes and applications is an asset.
• Familiarity with UNIX is an asset.
• Familiarity with SQL queries, plus inserting data & making updates in a database is an asset.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Studies and/or IT.
• Canadian Securities Course.
Hi! How can we help you?
Click below button to start chat