About EC English Language Centres: Established in 1991 EC Malta was EC’s first and only school. This small school quickly gained a wonderful reputation and became one of the leading English language schools in Malta. Fast-forward to today we have over 20 schools in six countries on three continents and a fantastic status for delivering English Language courses to Adults and Young Learners globally. This year our 900-plus staff will help over 45,000 students from over 140 countries achieve their goals, access a bigger world and realize their dreams.
The Regional Human Resources Manager is responsible for the overall talent management and development of all employees within their designated region. They work closely with the Regional Head of HR, senior stakeholders within operations and head office functions to ensure the delivery of business-critical people strategy, ensuring we have the right people in the right jobs and that they are highly productive and highly engaged.
This position is focused on providing professional HR guidance/business partnering to the Centre Directors in Canada and delivering a great HR service to the EC Family allowing them to deliver our Primary Purpose of helping students exceed in a global community.
The Regional Human Resources Manager will provide day to day HR support and business partnering to 3 Canadian Centres, based in Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver and will support the NA region with global HR projects and initiatives.
- Employee relations – act as regional internal HR expert, coach and consultant to regional Centre Directors and staff. Advise and coach line managers on Employee Relations issues, balancing best practice within commercial constraints; ensure employees are treated in a fair/equitable manner. Facilitate conflict resolution between management and staff.
- Talent Acquisition – Guide and support regional Centres and regionally based head office functions with an end-to-end talent acquisition service including: Working with the Global Recruitment Specialist to ensure smooth end to end recruitment for administration positions. Processing of job offers, issuing of contracts, referencing and remote on-boarding processes. Assist with the management of regional relationships with preferred suppliers such as recruitment providers, internship agencies and local job boards.
- Work with the Global HR Team to roll-out regular engagement surveys, analyse data and translate into meaningful insights to support people related business decisions.
- Work with the Global HR Team and the Regional Head of Talent to develop and roll out regional learning and development initiatives.
- Lead regional Centres and head office functions throughout the annual performance management process and proactively assist with any matters of underperformance.
- Regional responsibility for the management, training and support to Centres on EC’s Talent / Performance Management System.
- Provide guidance and assistance for any regional or national employee mobility into or out of the region.
- Responsible for HR administration and compliance within the regional HR function including government reports, mandatory trainings, the maintenance and control of employee files and records, renewals of employee visas/work permits, maintenance of the Talent Management System, administration of regional employee benefits etc.
- Legislation and Regulations – Advise on issues of employment legislation and ensure risk of legal exposure is minimized whilst ensuring HR policies and programmes are fully implemented in line with employment legislation best practice and business strategy.
- Provide accurate and timely regional People Data as required by the Talent Director and Executive Group.
Degree in Human Resources or other relevant HR qualification, Human Resources Professional Certifications (SHRM, CHRP, PHR) are highly preferred.
- 5 years + relevant regional general HR experience in a fast-paced HR department
- End-to-end recruitment / talent acquisition experience
- Expert level knowledge of regional and local employment laws and regulations
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to handle complex and sensitive employee matters in a professional manner
- Strong IT skills and ability to collate and understand people data
- Experience in broader education industry or fast-paced service industry
- Experience working in a diverse global organization
- Expertise in regional immigration policy and procedures
- Experience working in a unionized environment
- Experience of supporting and advising senior management
- We love what we do
- We go the extra mile
- We have a can-do mindset
- We deliver what we promise
Job Specific Competencies:
- Processing Information
- Structuring Tasks
- Being Flexible