Duties and responsibilities for this position will be as follows:
– Assist with planting and care of canola breeding lines.
– Emasculation and crossing of canola plants.
– Harvesting and processing of seeds.
– Organizing and weighing samples
– Assist researchers with routine duties.
– The ideal candidate would possess the ability to work under minimal supervision after an initial training period to achieve the research and production goals in a team environment.
Preference will be given to applicants who have completed one or more years of an undergraduate science program, majoring in Biology, Plant Pathology or genetics or related field of study.
Good attention to detail is essential.
Demonstrated ability to follow written and oral instructions
Demonstrated ability to document activities in written form
Experience with Microsoft Excel and other data management systems preferred.
Applicants should have access to a car. There is no public transportation to our facility.