About the role:
The Data Warehouse Architect will coordinate with a broad range of users to capture their decision support requirements, facilitate discussions, and help assist making decisions with prioritizing data and BI reporting design. Also, The Data Warehousing Architect spearheads Oracle BI to SAP BI Platform Migration, and Data Governance activities including establishing, publishing and implementing Data Governance standards, procedures and guidelines.
The primary responsibilities of Data Warehouse Architect include, but not limited to:
• Enhance a robust, sustainable Data Warehouse architecture that supports TPH business requirements, and also provide ideas for DW expansion given budgetary constraints and availability of data and skilled resources
• Review business requests, data sources and data warehouse capacity & usage
• Design and direct the information access and delivery effort for the data warehouse
• Enhance existing Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence solution, and guide BI /DW team in developing new data warehouse components ensuring consistency and integration with existing warehouse structure
• Define, update and implement overall Data Warehouse architecture (e.g., ETL processes using OWB/ODI, SAP Data Services (BODS); semantic layer and interactive dashboards using OBIEE 12c (RPD), SAP Universe, SAP Business Objects Suite (BOBJ); ODS, EDW, Data Marts)
• Recommend improvements for BI Dashboard and ETL design processes, data quality and testing; Define/help develop the semantic layer, metadata and report definitions
• Direct the data warehouse Metadata capture and access effort; Review data models to ascertain that requirements are met
• Produce design guidelines/Standards for ETLs (ODI/OWB, SAP BODS), and source to target mappings to ensure a manageable & sustainable ETL infrastructure for TPH BI & DW
• Guide / mentor the BI & Data Warehouse analyst in identifying potential sources of data for the data warehouse and data profiling of the sources.
• Define and direct the implementation of security requirements for the data warehouse
• Define production release requirements and sustainment architecture
• Create migration plan for BI Platform migration from Oracle BI / DW platform to SAP BI / (BW/HANA) Platform and lead the execution
• Develop test plans and Coordinate integration & user acceptance testing (UAT) of data acquisition processes and their implementation into production
• Manage quality control over data analysis and information delivery
• Guide / manage Data Governance activities including establishing, publishing and implementing Data Governance standards, procedures and guidelines
• Extensive and demonstrated experience leading successful large scale/enterprise data warehousing implementations in designing and developing the architecture for all data warehouse components (e.g. tool integration strategy; source system data ETL strategy, data staging, movement and aggregation; information and analytics delivery; and data quality strategy).
• Hands-on experience in data architecting, data mining, large-scale data modeling, metadata management, and platform migration.
• Strong knowledge of applicable data privacy practices, regulatory compliance, governance and data security related issues.
• Highly developed consulting, presentation and interpersonal skills including written and oral, with demonstrated ability to effectively interact with senior business managers, subject matter experts and business end-users.
• Considerable senior level experience in developing and operationalizing Data Governance and Management frameworks including establishing, publishing and implementing Data Governance standards, procedures and guidelines.
• BI / DW platform Migration planning & execution experience with emphasis on Dashboards oriented solutions (OBIEE, SAP BOBJ)
• Demonstrated technical knowledge of Oracle & SAP data warehouse technologies including EDW, SAP BW / HANA, ODS, ETL: OWB/ ODI, SAP BODS , and BI Tools: Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 12c including and GIS mapping (MapViewer) applications; SAP BI (BOBJ) WEB Intelligence, SAP Lumira Designer / Lumira Discovery, SAP Universe.
• Knowledge of data modelling and data profiling / data quality tools including Embarcadero ER Studio and SAP information Steward. Experience in multi-dimensional data modeling techniques and implementing enterprise wide reporting and analytic platforms.
• Proven capabilities/ considerable hands-on experience in using OBIEE 11g/12c architecture & OLAP technology; SAP BI (BOBJ), SAP Lumira Designer, SAP Lumira Discovery tool with GIS functionality; Data Integration ETL tools, testing and quality assurance (e.g. ODI, OWB, SAP Data Services BODS and other similar tools;
• Considerable experience with Oracle RPD & SAP Universe for semantic layer modelling. Designing / Creating BI semantic layer, metadata and report definitions using Oracle BI Application, OWB, ODI, SAP BODS and applying customizations to the ETL, RPD and SAP Universe.
• Demonstrated competencies and knowledge of relational database structures, theories, principles, and dimensional data modeling skills.
• Hands on experience utilizing Data Governance and Management frameworks offered by industry analysts and data management organizations including DAMA.
Hi! How can we help you?
Click below button to start chat