Dasro is looking for a Senior Business Analyst for a contract role in Edmonton.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
• Facilitate requirements gathering and validation workshops
• Develop and document project vision(s) and approach.
• Analyze and define business requirements for determining roles, relationships and data structures to meet business, security, privacy and operational requirements.
• Analyze and define data and information requirements needed to address business requirements for use by data modeler and architects responsible for developing logical and physical data models and/or analysis and design class models to meet business requirements.
• Work with business clients and technical teams on the design, development and implementation of business applications.
• Document, analyze and manage business requirements.
• Develop business cases.
• Produce deliverables within specified quality standards.
• Escalate issues and risks, as appropriate.
• Prepare and execute tasks in accordance with a defined project plan.
• Review and provide input on test strategies, plans, and test cases to ensure they adequately cover the defined business requirements.
• Execute tasks in accordance with control processes including schedule management, status reporting, issues, risks and change management at the project and/or program level.
• Attend necessary meetings to review schedule, status, issues, risk and change management.
• Support project team members in the analysis of issues.
• Prepare status reports, meeting minutes, change requests and other documents to management detailing tasks undertaken and timelines associated to the execution of those tasks.
• Obtain sign-off on the deliverables from the appropriate program/project sponsors.
University graduation in CS, IT, business, management or a related discipline and 5-yrs related experience; OR 2-yr diploma in CS, IT, business, management or a related discipline and 6-yrs related experience; OR a 1-yr certificate in CS, IT, business, management or a related discipline and 7-yrs related experience; OR 8-yrs Senior Business Analyst related experience.
Designed and developed Entity Relationship Diagrams (data model design) for custom applications.
Experience working with business users in collecting Key Performance Measures and defining key Metrics and KPI.
Profound understanding of Information Management technologies, software architecture, and life cycles.
Created and maintained source to target mappings information flow and data lineage documentation.
Experience working as a Senior Business Analyst in a large-scale information management environment equivalent in size and complexity to the Government of Alberta.
Experience eliciting requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, and business process modeling.
Experience analyzing requirements for the development of application and reporting solutions.
Experience working closely with clients to assess and analyze their business needs, performing at least 4 of the following: interviewing business clients, conducting impact analysis, collecting business requirements, plan, execute and facilitate change management, developing communication plans, developing vision document
Experience leading and conducting JAD sessions.
Experience with projects spanning multiple technical environments including the following: Microsoft SQL Server with applications based on .NET.; Microsoft SharePoint with .NET application integration; Production Controlled environments using Team Foundation Server, with buildsdeployment, both automated and manual.
Experience working with Microsoft SQL including developing and executing SQL statements
Designed and maintained data conversion specifications.
Available for an in-person interview in Edmonton.
Available to write an ONLINE pre-qualification exam on March 14, 2018 between 9:00am – 1:00pm MT
Experience developing Business Cases or Business Case Summaries
Experience preparing Privacy Impact Assessment documents
Experience in Business Process Reengineering
Experience developing test scripts and testing plans and performing system testing
Knowledge and experience with Data Marts and Star Schem
Experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM
Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
The ability to learn quickly, problem solve/troubleshoot, work independently and in a team.
Experience with Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL).
Experience developing and delivering training materials
The ability to: manage stress, manage conflict, communicate effectively (verbal and written)
Canadian education (e.g. certificate, diploma or degree) or certified foreign credentials
If you think you meet or exceed Qualifications, are capable of the job and interested, please email your resume to Lori at Dasro Consulting.
Hi! How can we help you?
Click below button to start chat