Founded in 1967, we are a privately owned and operated Canadian company with a strong culture of commitment, trust and transparency. We harness the best and brightest minds to provide tailored solutions whilst creating unique avenues for continued professional development.
We are guided by a set of ethical values of Respect, Loyalty and Trust and a commitment to excellence, which define us and guide our organizational conduct.
We are currently looking a Senior Business Analyst for one of our opportunities in the National Capital Region.
- Review and analyze required tasks to identify and capture comprehensive information on viable options for the purpose of providing recommendations for a proposed replacement option.
- Review and analyze the strategic and operational context of replacing the MTRS system.
- Review and analyze possible options; determine and retain those options assessed as viable for further analysis; analyze and compare viable options; as well as, recommend a replacement solution.
- Review and analyze detailed project information to substantiate the pursuit of a solution in order to evaluate and determine the best available solution/approach by using: benefits, costs, risks, time frame for implementation, change requirements, and impact on stakeholders, etc. The necessary tasks must include;
- Work initiation and planning activities:
- Participate in a work initiation meeting;
- Prepare Approach and Work Plan documents;
- Define research methodology and approach to be used in conducting the work;
- Defining tasks, activities, duration (level of effort), dependencies etc.
- Collect, analyze and synthesize information that provides insight into best replacement options that would effectively support the Program;
- Review, analyze and evaluate development of options for a Business case to replace the current MTRS system including the financial, cost/benefit, effectiveness and feasibility analysis of the identified replacement options;
- Analyze and provide a description of viable options, analysis (feasibility, cost/benefits analysis) of the viable options, and a recommended replacement approach/option. The recommendations of this business case must describe the proposed solution/approach and all of its characteristics (e.g. benefits, costs, risks, time frame, change requirements, impact on stakeholders).
- Must have a minimum of 8 years of experience as a Business Analyst using an iterative development process and Unified Modelling Language (UML) tools (such as Sparx Enterprise Architect).
- Must have a minimum of 10 years as a Business Analyst evaluating existing procedures and methods and identifying and documenting decision flows.
- Must have a minimum of 8 years of experience validating and expanding existing high level requirements and documenting detailed requirements and behaviour in use case models.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience as a Business Analyst using Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN) to develop business process models of current business practices.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years of experience as a Business Analyst performing business analyses of functional requirements to identify information, processes, and decision flows.
- Must have experience as a Business Analyst developing Use Cases for a minimum of 5 projects
- Must have experience as a Business Analyst gathering requirements, modelling and implementing use cases in a UML modelling tool for a minimum of 2 web application development project for Federal government departments/agencies/ organizations/Crown Corporations.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years of experience as a Business Analyst eliciting and analyzing requirements to create Business Requirements Documents.
- Must have a minimum of 6 years as a Business Analyst directly supervising, assigning work packages and mentoring junior and intermediate level Business Analysts.
- Should have experience creating use case model surveys and turning the model into fully described use cases.
- Should have experience creating user interface mock-ups from use cases and design diagrams.
- Should have experience mapping requirements to use cases.