We’re hiring for a highly driven Senior Business Consultant for our client in downtown Toronto, ON. Our client is one of the top financial institutions in Canada and has been named one of Canada’s Best Workplaces. This Senior Business Consultant will be responsible for the project initiation, engaging with business partners before project starts to help clarify and formalize the project goals, objectives, and scope.
Our client is looking for an individual with exceptional communication skills, ability to manage multiple projects and provide guidance and escalation support on projects. This Senior Business Consultant role is a full-time permanent offers a great flexible work culture, be part of a dynamic and collaborative team!
Senior Business Consultant Job Responsibilities:
- Liaises with stakeholders to understand problems and opportunities, and recommends solutions to enable the organization to meet its goals
- Leads discussions with business partners to better understand the business environment, to determine potential impacts on the project scope and objectives, and to modify the requirements management plan, if required
- Builds, sustains, and leverages relationships with individuals within his/her area of immediate responsibility when gathering, validating, and approving requirements to establish a comfort level in managing relationships and understanding business needs and assurance that a quality result will be delivered
- Ensures the requirements map to a real business need, are approved by all relevant stakeholders, and meets essential quality standards
- Determines the best approach for eliciting, analyzing, validating, and prioritizing requirements to ensure that the necessary information is captured from the relevant stakeholders to address the business needs
- Ensures system specifications meet the business unit expectations/ requirements, and negotiate solutions.
- Participates in the creation of use cases and user expected results to ensure that software is delivered to end users with zero Severity 1 or Severity 2 defects
- Provides coaching, professional guidance, and support to Business Analysts, as required, in order to foster professional development
Senior Business Consultant Job Qualifications:
- Minimum of 7 years of business analysis work experience in IT or business, supporting medium to large size projects
- Completion of degree/diploma in computer science, engineering, information systems, math or business
- Understands complete Software Development Life Cycle and can apply the applicable portions of the ‘Feasibility,’ ‘Requirements,” and ‘Analysis’ phases.
- Experience in any of the following areas: AML, Fraud, Cyber Security, Identity Access Management, Information Security, Data Loss Prevention, Technology Risk Management
- Demonstrates strong writing and documentation skills
- Understands and is familiar with the application of techniques associated with data modeling, process modeling, and user-centred design within the context of the organizational standards
- Ability to navigate a highly matrixed organization effectively, can manage change and scope with complex and ambiguous situations
- Solid business knowledge in the Finance/Banking/Investment industry is highly desired