The minimum qualifications for this position are:
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction/Project Management or related field; or College Diploma in Engineering, Architecture, Construction/Project Management or related field combined with equivalent professional experience
- 10-15 years direct related experience
- Contract administration or contract management experience in large value projects/programs required (over $100M)
- Construction/Engineering experience required
- 5+ years supervisory experience
- Claims settlement and dispute resolution experience related to major capital projects. Transit projects experience is an asset.
- Experience in coordinating the development of price estimates for material, labor and equipment costs and ability to analyze production and construction schedules for evaluating changes and claims
- Experience in management of stakeholder, vendor, contractor and project team relationships
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Ability to read and comprehend technical specifications and drawings, and possess a good understanding of technical issues related to revenue vehicle/equipment manufacturing, engineering design and construction, as well as solid understanding of legal and commercial issues and practices related to tender and contract law
- Solid knowledge of public procurement processes and practices.
- Knowledge and understanding of various project delivery methods – DBB, DB, P3 etc.
- Ability to interpret contracts, identify applicable provisions, provide guidance to project management team as it relates to contractual matters
- Ability to plan, schedule and organize a variety of activities that deal with stressful situations involving complex issues with tight deadlines with a high degree of accuracy
- Excellent negotiation skills and the ability to develop strategies, plan schedules and advise in complex negotiations regarding commercial, legal and technical issues o Superior business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Word) Primavera CM14 – a plus, P6 – a plus
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, to effectively interface with program/project stakeholders of all levels (Project Managers, Program Managers, Program/Project Directors, Technical Department Managers, etc.)
- Excellent business acumen
- Excellent project controls skills
- Excellent leadership skills
- Superior teamwork skills, ability to work well with others under pressure of deadlines
- Service focused, result oriented