The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for supporting the financial and business needs of the Sales, Marketing, Operation and Financial departments. The Sr. Financial Analyst is also responsible for controllership functions including month end close activities, financial statement preparation, financial analysis, and budgeting. This role will report to the Director of Finance and IT and have one direct report.
The successful applicant will:
- Lead the preparation of internal and external Clarion financial statements including creation of supporting schedules, journal entries, reconciliations and variance analysis.
- Assist in the preparation of annual budget and weekly forecasting for Clarion and Clarion’s wholly owned subsidiary Accutech
- Management of Clarions contracts and bank covenants including review, tracking, compliance and submissions
- Responsible for management of Financial Analyst
- Provide analyses and recommendations based on financial and business information
- Support the Sales team with budget versus actual analysis, product analysis, reporting, and business case creation
- Preparation of various metrics and reports for senior leadership and vendors
- Providing leadership to support and/or directly implement operational and financial improvements
- Ensuring completion of Clarion’s annual Financial Statement audit and compliance with internal policies
- Prepare related party Real Estate and AMT Finance Financial statements
We are seeking a candidate with the following attributes:
- Successful completion of a University Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or a related program.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a position with responsibilities for controllership/accounting activities, forecasting, budgeting, and analysis
- Completion of CPA-CA, CPA-CMA or CPA-CGA
- Ability to build and maintain business partnerships
- Knowledge of NetSuite and US GAAP an asset
- Experience in production and analysis of financial statements internal and external
- Experience in creating metrics, year-end working papers and performing financial and operational analysis
- Superior organizational ability with extreme attention to detail
- Ability to operate under pressure of deadlines
- Self-starter, highly motivated
- Good team player – work collaboratively and effectively as a team member
Company Benefits & Perks:
- Life & Health Sciences Sector – making people’s lives better!
- Competitive compensation and benefits plan, personal performance and company bonus
- Professional growth opportunities with an educational assistance program
- Strong focus on employee engagement and recognition
- Corporate Day of Caring to Volunteer In The Community
- Active Social Committee supports a fun working environment and culture