Key Responsibilities Include
• Develops Security strategies, policy and standards and ensures their relevance with scheduled reviews.
• Coordinate or executes Security risk assessments of internal and partner systems and architecture. Documents findings and develop action plans to eliminate or mitigate identified risks.
• Ongoing reviews of actively used technologies ensuring they are aligned with BCAA's goals and objectives.
• Collaborates on security awareness within BCAA.
• Develops or participates in Network and Security strategies incorporating business requirements. Proactively researches, pilots, evaluates technologies and standards, identifies how they will integrate within the corporate environment and recommends strategies.
• Monitor and manages event management concerning the configuration of IDS/IPS, SIEM log management, Firewalls, Routers, Switches and other Network and Security appliances.
• Attends all Managed Services meetings: Governance, Change Review, New Business along with all projects related to Network and Security.
• Maintains current knowledge of applicable privacy laws and accreditation standards, and monitors advancements in information privacy technologies to ensure organizational adaptation and compliance.
• In coordination with our external vendors, maintains operational aspects of our PCI maintenance program ensuring adherence to all PCI requirements.
• Performs knowledge transfer and training between IS and other BCAA business units.
• Provides support for technology analysis and configuration requests.
• Reviews, approves and schedules Security patches and updates.
• Reviews, approves and schedules Security change requests.
• Frontline support for information Security queries.
• Monitor internal and external access to IT systems and PCI/Critical environments.
• Investigate and collaborate on all Security incidents and provide input into post incident reviews that detail incidents and provide recommendations regarding remediation and prevention of recurrence.
• Participate in IT technical meetings and ensure adherence to security principles and best practices.
• Participate in business project meetings and provide consultative advice in Security principles and best practices.
Education: CISSP, Undergraduate in Computer Science, Applicable Certifications or Diploma.
• 5+ years of working in a senior security role
• Ability to create systems and consistent procedures and processes in both technical and user-friendly language
• Proven analytical, mathematical and creative problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated understanding of all the components involved in setting up and maintaining systems environments for product, development, testing, staging and training.
• Proven Logical and efficient with attention to detail
• Excellent listening skills
• Troubleshooting methodologies
• Proven excellent oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work both independently and with other team members
• Proven ability to be proactive when dealing with issues and challenges
• Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Excellent multi-taking and organizational skills
• Customer focus
About The British Columbia Automobile Association (BCAA) is a mission-driven services organization committed to delivering peace of mind to our Members and customers across B.C. and the Yukon. With over 800,000 Members, BCAA serves 1 in 3 B.C. households. The Association received the 2012, 2013, and 2014 J.D. Power and Associates awards for “Highest Customer Satisfaction among Home Insurance Providers in Western Canada,” and is famous for providing roadside assistance and an array of home, auto and travel insurance products and services. BCAA Members can also benefit from CAA Dollar rewards, savings on BCAA insurance products and exclusive offers at Show Your Card & Save locations throughout the province and internationally.
Hi! How can we help you?
Click below button to start chat