With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
This role reports to the Global Director, Smart Utilities. Location for this position is flexible and can be based in Sudbury, Mississauga, Montreal or Vancovuer etc.
Scope of Position:
Across the industries clients are embarking in their digital transformation journey. Fundamental elements of this transformation relates to the applications of new digital technologies such as Industrial Internet of Things platforms, Cloud and Edge Devices, Advanced Analytics, Digital Assets / Twins, Wearables, 3D Environments, Augmented / Virtual Reality and among others. The challenge that many of our clients face is to get started in the execution of this journey – how to make it practical and relevant for their operations without sacrificing safety, how to prove the value of the technologies, how to identify the right technologies, how to select the right suppliers and how to ensure that each party deliver accordingly.
The successful candidates will need to have an entrepreneurial technical soul with demonstrated experience participating on vision and strategy development for the application of digital technologies in operating sites (either plants, mines, ports, rail, etc.).
This will involve:
- Support and facilitation of client workshops (based on experience)
- Communicate with different level of stakeholders of the client organization
- Document as-is and to-be maturity states for clients visions, and assist mapping the deficiency, gaps, risks and mitigations with the introduction of the potential digital technologies
- Write design criterias and basis
- Assist on development of project guidelines and standards
- Define and document project charters including proof of concepts (POC), proof of value (POV) or Pilots projects
- Capture and write clear and concise business (including business processes) and technical requirements documents for both internal and external (Request for Information – RFI, Request for Quotation – RFQ or Request for Proposals – RFP)
- Prepare presentations for internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work with Hatch Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), Hatch Digital Solutions Architects and Vendor Technical and Project teams to qualify, validate and refine requirements
- Ability to act on the best interest of the client as part of Owners Team when applicable, including managing confidentiality of information
- Serve as advisor / support to the project implementation teams to clarify and validate requirements
- Participate on Factory Acceptance Test, Site Acceptance Test and Client Acceptance Test to validate requirements
The Systems Analyst / Consultant role requires someone who can consolidate complex expectations and requirements from various stakeholders into a common set of documents to support the project. The Digital transformation journey touches many areas. We are looking for candidates with experience and expertise on Production Management, Operations Management, Energy Management, Asset Management, Logistics and Supply Chain Management.
- Use Value Stream Mapping or Design Thinking process, as applicable, to facilitate current and future state gathering
- Apply enterprise architecture frameworks such as TOGAF
- Write business and technical documents using UML as applicable
- Serve as a communication bridge from business to technical stakeholders and from technical to business stakeholders
- Apply and incorporate industry standards such as ISA-95, CIM, PRODML, MIMOSA among others to requirements
- Support vendor technologies evaluation for compliance against requirements
- Remain abreast of the technology trends and frameworks in their area of experience and expertise
- Build a SME reputation on industry requirements associated with area of experience / expertise
- Work with Hatch digital product managers to identify industry solution gaps and requirements
- Assist on the development and refinement of Hatch tools (e.g. methodologies and frameworks, templates) required to deliver Digital projects
- Support proposals and estimations to address requirements, based on experience
- Leverage professional network to develop digitization opportunities
- Collaborate with peers and partners, sharing knowledge and experiences
Key Performance Deliverables:
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve:
- Great customer satisfaction (quality approval of documents by both clients and project implementation teams)
- Maintain an utilization target of more than 90%
- Ensure 100% input to career management and CV tools
Preferred Experience / Education:
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- Candidates with more than 10+ of business and systems analysis experience in Industry 4.0 like applications in Mining or other relevant industrial sectors coupled
- An engineering background (systems, chemical, industrial, mechanical, electrical/electronics engineering) with systems analysis certificates or diplomas is an asset
- Familiarity with Value Stream Mapping and Design Thinking, experience is an asset
- Familiarity with enterprise architecture frameworks such as TOGAF, experience is an asset
- Familiarity with interoperability challenges with systems integration
- Experience with UML
- Experience with business processes in the area of Production Management, Operations Management, Energy Management, Asset Management, Logistics and Supply Chain Management for industries such as Mining, Steel, Alumina, Copper, Oil & Gas or Manufacturing.
- Knowledge of IT/OT and digital technology trends including ICT and Telecommunication, Control & Automation, IIoT, Blockchain, Big Data, Cloud Computing, AR/VR, Automation, Operations Management and Business Systems is an asset
- Experience in working with distributed teams of professionals
- Strong business development orientation is preferred
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.