Flipp is a retail technology company that is reinventing the way people shop. We work with the largest retailers and manufacturers in the world to help them transform their business and connect them with tens of millions of shoppers through the next generation digital shopping marketplace.
We are looking for a Technical Product Manager who will drive the planning, execution, validation, iteration, and success measurement of key technical initiatives by helping to define business and project requirements that support Flipps’ overall business strategy.
Most of the things you will work on:
- You will work with stakeholders and cross-functional teams to plan, design and execute on technical integrations, new products and features.
- Collaborate with engineers and designers to ship innovative and new internal products; scoping impactful features, prepping technical development, problem solving current efforts and tracking progress of active projects.
- Serve as the technical expert for assigned product lines understanding the connection of what solutions are in market and how it ties to business needs
- Work closely with development teams to determine technical solutions
- Act as product advocate with reach across engineering, user experience, BD and support teams
- Invest quality time with users to empathize, translate, document, evaluate, and synthesize their needs into product priorities, roadmap plans, and detailed specifications
- Assist in customer feedback gathering, usability, reporting and analytics, and release planning
- Manage the product backlog by writing clear use cases/requirements articulating product/service functionality that can be executed on by the engineering team
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- 5+ years of tech industry experience
- 3+ years in a Senior/Lead position within Technical Product Management, Project Management, Engineering or Business Analyst roles
- 3+ years of experience with hands-on involvement in solving technical problems
- Experience tailoring a message to an audience, and use of multiple communication mediums to distribute information
- You are highly organized, detail oriented and deadline focused on implementing the product roadmap
- You have experience with the planning, development, deployment and maintenance of software system integrations
- You have the technical skillset to understand and speak the same language when working with the engineering team
- Experience working in an Agile environment and leading a development team through design, development, testing, deployment and system maintenance
- Strong analytical and decision making skills to prioritize activities, issues and business use in a dynamic environment
Here’s how we work:
From working with top technologies to sending you to industry-leading conferences, we will make sure you have all that you need to expand your knowledge and grow your career. We have a trust-based culture where all team members are empowered to work in the way that’s best for them to thrive.
Our culture is at the center of all that we do, and it has been recognized through numerous accolades over the past three years including: Best Workplaces in Canada, Deloitte 50 Best Managed, Best Workplaces in Canada for Women, Most Admired CEO and Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures.